Frequently Asked Questions about PEMF and PainSolv®
What is PainSolv®?
PainSolv® MkV is a new and improved portable health management medical device, which is a nerve and muscle stimulator, delivering pulsed field electromagnetic therapy that can be used with equal effect by consumers and practitioners alike.
What is different about PainSolv®?
Unlike TENS, TSE and pain medications, PainSolv® doesn't block pain gateways (that transmit pain signals to the brain). PainSolv® is a drug-free alternative to pain, wound and stress-related pain management with no side effects and the unit is hand held and easily portable. PainSolv® is generally safer than ultrasound as can be seen from this comparison chart.
How does PainSolv® work on the body?
PainSolv® pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) works by delivering pulse-modulated wave forms beginning with 800 Gauss into the body tissues of sufferers in pulses of ~3.8 milliseconds.
How does PainSolv® compare to magnet therapy and how do I know the output is what the literature says it is?
Is PainSolv® therapy easy to apply?
PainSolv® can be used either by applying direct to the skin or through clothing and even medical dressings - even plaster casts. PainSolv® penetrates all types of body tissue without any refraction of the wave field. Electromagnetic waves are the only energy that is not affected by water, of which the human body contains large amounts.
Does PainSolv® cause any side effects?
No, but the device should be used with caution if the sufferer is pregnant, if the user suffers from epilepsy (and is not taking prescribed medication to control it) or is a haemophiliac.
Not at all. However, if the device is being used to help manage the pain associated with leg ulcers for instance, it is possible that the sufferer could feel some tingling sensations due to improved circulation for a few days. Using PainSolv® will not cause any mid to long term discomfort.
Is PainSolv® safe to use on any part of the body?
You should never use the device internally (either orally or anally) as this could cause severe injury or even death. You should never allow children to use the device without supervision. You should not apply therapy directly onto the eye balls. You should not apply the unit directly onto the carotid artery which is situated below the ear and behind the jaw on the neck, as in some people this can cause a headache. As PainSolv® does not generate heat, it is entirely safe to use on joints where prosthetic joint replacements have been inserted or any metallic implant.
What types of condition can PainSolv® therapies treat?
PainSolv® can be used on a wide range of pain, wound and stress related conditions without any nasty side effects.
How often can PainSolv® be used without 'overdosing' on the therapy?
You can use PainSolv® as many times as you like in any one session. The device is programmed to deliver therapy in pre-programmed cycles. We strongly recommend that you do not apply the therapy whilst driving!
Are there any particular precautions I should take when using the PainSolv® Medical Device?
Whilst we are confident that PainSolv® will help you gain relief from your particular condition, it is important that you read the instructions prior to use, paying particular attention to the list of precautions below:
- Do not use internally as this may cause serious damage to your health
- Must not be used by those being treated with oncological related chemotherapy
- Must not be used in the first trimester (3 months) of pregnancy, or if there is any chance you may be pregnant
- Must not be used by haemophiliacs
- Must not be used by epilepsy sufferers unless they are taking prescribed medication to control the condition
- Must not be used in conjunction with defibrillators
- Do not apply directly to eyes or eyelids
- To avoid cross-infection, never apply directly to broken skin of any kind (ulcers, wounds, etc)
- Do not apply directly to the carotid artery (upper part of neck directly behind the ears)
Are there any general usage guidelines I should be aware of?
Yes, there are some general pointers for safe use which are listed below:
- Children should not use the device unless supervised by an adult
- Do not drive for at least 15 minutes after a therapy session
- Do not operate machinery for at least 15 minutes after a therapy session
- Do not leave the unit adjacent to sources of excessive heat
- Do not operate in the immediate vicinity of flammable gases
- Do not use on aeroplanes until the crew advise that electronic equipment can be used safely
- Do not immerse in liquid of any kind
- Do not use cleansing lotions on the device; use wet wipes or dry cloth only
- Avoid dropping the unit onto hard surfaces as this can cause damage and affect the output
- Attempting to open the unit may result in serious injury
- Do not use any other charger other than the one supplied
What do I do if I am not sure about any of the above guidelines?
If you are in any doubt about any of the medical precautions listed and how they may apply to you, please call our customer helpline on 01933 461590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate advice.
Does PainSolv® have exactly the same results for everyone using the device?
Medical conditions affect individuals differently. Treatment periods can vary from user to user and can also depend on how long you have suffered from your condition. The PainSolv® device is not intended to either diagnose or cure any specific condition and no such claims are made. If you have specific medical concerns, please consult your health care provider. No individual is the same and results may vary from person to person. The treatment suggestions provided are not intended to suggest that a condition will be cured, only that symptoms may be reduced.